Friday, November 23, 2007

Finally I Have Met My Filmic Soul Mate. His Name Is Donnie Darko.


Two peas in a pod.

Granted, a jet engine has never crashed into my house and I have certainly never traveled in time (as far as I know), nor have I ever stolen my parent's gun to shoot some guy in a bunny costume for driving over my girlfriend while I'm trying to get in touch with Grandma Death. Nor have I ever used an ax to commit an act of vandalism, although one time I did use my forehead. Well, that's not true either. But I thought about it. I thought about it long and hard. As for Frank, the evil bunny rabbit, I can't really talk about that. I will just say that I've never had a shrink who wore cowboy boots. But I bet I have a lot in common with the sarcastic English teacher who gets fired for teaching actual literature. Yeah, she's my soul mate too. However, the fact that Karen and I are now soul mates should not take away from my soul connection with Donnie Darko. Not that I sleepwalk or anything onto golf courses. But isn't there such a thing as a cosmic golf course? Aren't we all just wandering around in our pajamas on a big cosmic golf course watching other people use metal clubs to hit balls into holes? See, now we are all Donnie's soul mates. However, that doesn't mean I won't fight you for him. With my forehead. Watch out for the rabbit.

No comments: