Emily Kendal Frey tagged me in the interview project, The Next Big Thing. Here are my answers to the questions regarding my current project.
1. What is the working title of the book?
Journal of Ruin and Repose
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Hauntings, love in the ruins, the perspicacity of human emotions, the possibility that one needn't get everything one wants in order to be happy, leaving an inner exile to rejoin the world.
3. What genre does the book fall under?
Poetry, prose poetry, lyric essay.
4. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Fortune's wheel as a turning blue mirror.
5. How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Not sure. The book is divided into sections and I wrote each individual section fairly quickly, in short bursts, but with breaks in between.
6. Who or what inspired you to write the book?
Certain autobiographical considerations, Stargate and self-help gurus, the necessity to examine the reality of the many manifestations of love.
7. What else about this book might pique a reader's interest.
You can read a poem here. It's from a section of the book called 'Love in the Ruins.'
8. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I hope it will find a publisher.
For next week I am going to tag...